1.10.2011

RIP Richard "Dick" Winters

I know that I've posted a lot today (I promise I actually work) but there's a lot of stuff that just keep s coming up.

My dad called me a little bit ago and told me some sad news...

One of my true heros dies today. His name is Richard Winters.

If you know me, you know that I like (maybe love) World War II. Mr. Winters served our country during WWII. He was a paratrooper in the 101st Airbourne Division. Those are the guys who jumped on Normandy on D-day and on Holland in Operation market Garden...he fought at Batogne and was there with E Company when they raided Berchtesgaden and Hitler's Eagle's Nest. He was immortalized in the HBO series "Band of Brother's". He is a true American Hero!

Rest in Peace Mr. Winter's.

No comments:

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
Related Posts with Thumbnails