How could anyone leave this beautiful thing? I will let you know on Monday night...
On Monday, March 29th, I have to go back to work. Ask me how I feel about this...devastated!! I hate the fact that I have to leave my little girl for 7 hours a day. I'm so sad...I've been crying on and off for a week now. Don't get me wrong...I love my job and a month ago, I was ready to go back...but not now...I wish I had another week or two.
After catching up on all the blogs that I follow (last night and this morning)...and finally updating my own blog.... I decided to follow trend and make my list of must haves for new moms.
1. The Boppy Pillow...the DH didn't think it would be very useful but even he has started to use it. We use it to feed her, she has some tummy time on it, (and then on a flat blanket), and sometimes we use it just to make it easier to hold her. And....as you can see...it's a nice place for her to sit and watch the tube.
2. Sally the Seahorse...we named the seahorse...she loves it! It clams her down and most of the time puts her to sleep.
3. Jeffery the Giraffe... now, I know this is very similar or at least the same idea as Sally but we use them in different ways. Jeffery hangs on the cradle (and eventually on the crib) and KEEPS her asleep. Jeffery has a heartbeat sound that soothes her right back to sleep if she wakes up in the middle of the night and is a little fussy. I ordered Jeffery (again, a name we gave him) on Amazon but I saw the other day that Dillards sells them and Larry the Lamb (our name).
4. The travel Boppy Swing... at first Molly didn't like it but she's warmed to it.
PLUS... i don't think I've mentioned this before but I was a Zeta Tau Alpha in college and while I'm not close with anyone I was in Zeta with (mainly b/c most of them live in Arkansas and I live in Missouri), I still consider MOST of those girls my friends...I still chit chat with them on Facebook and such... and I know it's silly b/c Molly is years away from being in college...a girl can wish can't she.
Strawberries are a symbol of Zeta Tau Alpha and I still love anything w/ strawberries.
My favorite mommy blog is hosting a giveaway. I love this one and hope I win.... Molly needs more shoes!! Go over to her blog http://mrsforeste.blogspot.com and check these adorable shoes out!!!
First off...Happy St. Patrick's Day!!
So... I haven't updated the blog in a while... A lot has been going on! Our little girl turned one month old yesterday...which is just nuts!
What's going on with Miss Molly:
- She's still wearing Newborn clothes.
- At the last appt., she weighed 8 lbs, 3 oz.
*That was 2 weeks ago!! I got on the scale with her a couple of days ago and she weighed in at 10 1/2 lbs. I'm not sure that is accurate though.
- She can hold her little head up for a couple of seconds.
- She is sleeping during the night for 3 hours.
- She takes a nap around 9 am and another around 12:00...afternoon naps are touch and go....although she is asleep right now. :)
Mom and I went and got her pics done yesterday and Picture People. My aunt Julie was going to take some but wasn't feeling well. She will probably take a few in the next months.
A few more pics:
My mom (Nana) got her a seahorse...b/c all the cool kids have one..so of course she had to have one too!
On a personal note...I have lost 25 pounds...which means that I have 10 more pounds to lose. I haven't started working out yet b/c I haven't been cleared by my doc yet.
Most everything has gone back to "normal"...meaning... I'm doing okay in the "fluids" department...
I go back to the doc next Monday...hopefully she clears me for everything... :)
One week PP
One month PP
Those stretch marks are not my friend! But...I'm learning to live with them and they are fading fast!
Hopefully I can start to update the blog more often...now that Molly is actually letting me put her down and such!