9.18.2010

Show us your life Fridays - Living Rooms

Over at Kelly's Korner, she's hosting Show us your life Fridays and she's doing home tours...this week is living rooms...

At one point over the summer, we thought we might list our house..so, I began the process of decluttering. It didn't get very far b/c we decided to wait. So...I got the majority of my pics taken down. I've gotten a few put back up. Feel free to comment on how to make my living room better...
This is what you see when you walk in the front door.

The view from "the Hole"...(see picture below for explaination)...I love my glider...we need a new dining room table...tha's for another post though...This is what we call, "the Hole"...it's this odd sitting area beside the front door. We've finally gotten it decorated...but guess what...we never sit there...it's the chair we use to hold Molly's carseat and take her month pics... The view from the kirchen...I would really like to get rid of that tv and get a flat panel...but what would we do with that one...put it n the basement of our new home...if we get a new home with a basement... The view from the fireplace...I LOVE our big brown couch...it's so comfortable...it's where I spent the majority of my pregnancy...





Our fireplace and mantle... I usually decorate it for the season...it's currently decorated boringly (if that's a word) b/c of the idea of moving...(oh, and ignore Molly's toys on the bottom) In "the Hole"...I love this b/c Justin and worked really hard on these pieces...I usually change the flowers but I didn't get to that this summer, these will stay through the winter...

This is similar to the piece above...both were a part of my childhood bedroom suit...there's also a book shelf that goes on the piece above but we didn't paint it. The piece below is the nightstand. We primed them with Kilnz, painted them black and then gave them a coat of glaze and beating...the nightstand now serves as our table between the couches.

I thought I would include this (it's not in the living room but the guest bedroom)...but I wanted to show you guys what the pieces above looked like before we painted them. This has a mirror that sits on it but it's still at my parents house. When we get a bigger house, I will use these in the guest bedroom. There's a bed (full or queen), a desk with a bookshelf, and chair, and a lingerie chest.

I would love to have a couch table and new coffee table but I need space for those things...like I said above though...maybe when we get a basement!

God Bless!

No comments:

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
Related Posts with Thumbnails