10.30.2009

25 weeks!! Update on the pregnancy!

I thought I'd give you a little update...just to let you know what's going on with the actual pregnany! Here you go!!


How Big is the Baby at 25 Weeks Pregnant?
By pregnancy week 25 your baby is approximately 1.5 pounds and just under 13.7 inches long. From this point on however your baby's weight and length may vary somewhat. Every baby is different as you'll soon realize during your pregnancy week by week. Some babies will be born weighing 7 pounds and others 10.

Your Baby's Growth and Development
Your baby is continuing to mature during pregnancy week 25 and for the next several weeks. The structures that form the spine start to form around pregnancy at 25 weeks, and blood vessels in the lungs continue to develop this week. Other things that are shaping up during pregnancy at 25 weeks include our baby's nostrils, which may open up by the end of this week.
Your baby is starting to put on just a little meat, and will continue filling out as your pregnancy progresses.

Your Growth and Development
Your uterus is now about the size of a volleyball at 25 weeks pregnant!! (WHAT?) As your uterus continues to grow you'll notice it places some pressure on your back and pelvis. This can sometimes cause you to experience shooting pains either down your leg or in your lower back. For some women these pains get more and more severe during pregnancy. (No kidding!!?)

How far along?: 25 Weeks

Total weight gain?: At last weigh in, I was at 159. That puts me gaining 14 pounds so far. The nurse thought that was okay so I'm not worried. I'm trying to get more protein in my diet.

Maternity clothes?: Yes...I started buying medium size t-shirts...and a few I bought a couple of weeks ago are about to be too small!! AHHHHH! Basketball season will be real fun if I don't have any t-shirts to wear.

Stretch marks?: No... except the ones on my hips

Sleep?: I've figured out the proper way to snuggle with my body pillow. I was hoping I would get a "snoogle" for my birthday...but no such luck. My grandparents gave me some money though so that might be what I buy!

Best moment this week?: I know this sounds strange, but finally being able to get the flu shots! I've kinda been nervous around all my sick kids at school b/c I hadn't had one yet.

Movement?: Everyday. She's very active in the morning and at night. They are starting to sting a little bit. She's getting stronger!!

Food cravings?: Milk... I can't get enough of the stuff!!

Labor signs?: No!!!!!

Belly button in or out?: The left side is peeking it's little head out a little bit!

What I miss?: I finally had some sushi... (veggie roll - calm down!)... But I miss being able to get out on the court with my girls and play with them!! Now all I want to do is sit down! (which I usually do)

What I'm looking forward to?: My shower in a couple of weeks. Danielle and kelly are going to throw a great one!! I can't wait!
Hope all have a great weekend!!! God Bless!

1 comment:

emma jacob said...

Very cute 3D ultrasounds pictures. I wanted to do one my last pregnancy but it didn’t happen.

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
Related Posts with Thumbnails