1.15.2010

36 weeks today!

I am 36 weeks today! 4 weeks out from my due date!! That's just 1 week from being full term! I'm a little dumbfounded by that thought! The last 36 weeks has gone by so quickly but it has seemed so slow going through it! Does that make a lick of sense?

What's going on with Molly this week?

Your baby is gaining about an ounce a day. She now weighs almost 6 pounds (like a crenshaw melon) and is more than 18 1/2 inches long. She's shedding most of the downy hair that covered her body, as well as the vernix caseosa, the waxy substance that protected her skin during her nine-month amniotic bath. Next week, your baby will be considered full-term. Most likely she's in a head-down position, but if she isn't, your practitioner may suggest scheduling an external cephalic version, where she'll try to turn your baby by manipulating her from the outside of your belly.

Big things from the past few weeks:

1. Justin and I met our pedietercian (spelling) on Wednesday. his name is Dr. James Phillips. He is very young and seemed like the right "fit" for us. PLUS...he was one of the only ones taking new patients in St. John's...AND he works with my old pedi...Dr. Bernard Greismer.

2. My little 7th grade basketball team beat Nixa last night!! We played very well and it was a really good game. We won by 5 in overtime! Whoo Whoo! 1 more week of basketball left for this season! And I have to say...I'm sooooooo ready for it to be over! Mainly because I know that it will be one step closer to Miss Molly being here! We will probably (that's almost definent unless one of us just screws up) have to play Nixa again next Friday night for the championship of the Nixa Tourney!

PLUS...my wonderful Papaw got to come up and watch me coach it up. It makes me feel good that he's so proud of me. I love him dearly!

Here are a few more maternity pics for your viewing pleasure....






I don't have any printed yet but I'm going to work on that maybe this weekend. I would like to get at least an 8 X 10 for her room. I'm thinking the one with the pacifier. Maybe one with the white and red background. I'm not sure. There aren't many with my face and that background though. Any opinions?

Things that I need to do this weekend:

1. Finish packing my hospital bags.

2. Begin washing all of the little missy's clothes!

3. Make a list of things I need to "grab" on the way to the hospital.

- make-up

- hair supplies

- face wash

- phone charger

I'll think of more later!

4. I would like to make some meals that I can freeze before she gets here. that way I only have to take it out of the freezer, pre-heat the oven, and bake. Any suggestions? I'm also thinking I might go to Sam's and just buy some of those dinners (like lasagna).

Okay...I'm done rambleing! Say a little prayer for Justin, Molly and I tonight!

God Bless...

Sara

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh, do I have ideas for freezer meals! But I don't have time to post them right now...if I forget to later, facebook me! Chicken spaghetti, lasagna, chili, enchiladas...so many ideas!

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
Related Posts with Thumbnails